How To Delete Duplicate Facebook Company or Fan Pages
Facebook sometimes creates community or places pages based on information it finds in user profiles, people’s likes, etc. You don’t want a bunch of pages out there floating around, both for user experience (you want people to go to the page you want them to see), and since Facebook is a ranking factor, you want all those likes, shares, comments, etc. to all compile in one location.
Once you’ve found a duplicate page, deleting it is straight forward.
1. Navigate to the delinquent Facebook page you want to delete.
2. If you aren’t already an admin, click the cog at the top right of the menu. (It’s just to the right of “Edit”). From the drop down, select the “Is this your business?” link. Check the box to “Certify that you are an official representative.”
3. Now that you own the page, click the “Admin Panel” at the top right, which will open the Admin Panel. Or if the Admin Panel is already open, click the “Manage” drop down tab, and then select “Edit Page.”
3. Click “Manage Permissions” which is the second option in the left sidebar.
4. At the bottom of that page click “Permanently Delete [page name]“
And that’s all there is to it! Click here for more on social media marketing.